Friday, May 9, 2008

blog #20



the first blog of may.. well, its been so sunny! i love it! well actually, no. thats a lie. i dont like it. i dont like the sun. it annoys me. its too hot. im the sort of person who stands in the shade when the sun comes out. but the view from my window is nice (the above picture). i think i just love it when the weather isnt miserable. cos its miserable when its miserable.


i like it when rainbows happen though. this picture is of a particularly beautiful one, but my camera isnt good enough to capture the complete experience.. (it was a full arc).. 27th april

we (8 of the people on my course) have been on several ecology field trips in the last few weeks (3, one each week).. and have done a new and exciting thing each week. the first one was a vegetation survey, the second we went to look at plants and trees in an ancient woodland, and the third we went on a bird walk to identify birds from their calls, and then went to find badgers. which we did! we didnt see any, but we found their set, which was huge, and their hairs in leaves, so we knew they were there! it was a lot of fun..

in following with the theme of ecology, here is the picture of the twig i picked that i judged to be particularly beautiful..



so ive enjoyed that part of my course, which is just as well, because the work is starting to pile up and its getting a little bit more stressful.. and the time of exams is nearly upon us. i only have one. right at the very end of the whole exam period, just before i go to Copenhagen. well, if i do. i dont have a passport yet! so i have to make that happen. and soon.
but for now, ive gone home.. to the family home. i arrived to find that half my family are in fact away, and that theres me, my mum and my brother. and my brother is in trouble, cos he has a party when the parents were out of town, and windows got smashed cos of a gatecrashing... its not as dramatic as it sounds. im more amused by the whole thing, cos my sadistic streak is being rewarded with my brother being punished. which isnt that mean cos he doesnt care..
so yeah, im here for a while.. a couple of days. and i plan to spend my time leisurely doing the odd chore, doing some work (maybe) and lazing about outside (if the weather continues) drinking coffee...

sounds like a plan huh.. yes it does. also: (taken april 17th)



that is all..

No comments: